MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Helmet with camo net.

Article about: Found this helmet at a yard sale. The netting was on it when I bought it. The liner is very dry & hard, top mounting screw has been replaced & marked O.L./C. 1942 on rim. Is the nett

?

Default British Helmet with camo net.

Found this helmet at a yard sale. The netting was on it when I bought it. The liner is very dry & hard, top mounting screw has been replaced & marked O.L./C. 1942 on rim. Is the netting original to the helmet & is it even military? Thanks for any Info. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Helmet with camo net.   British Helmet with camo net.  

?

Hi John IMO your Mk II is not British and is actually Canadian if you check the stamp on the helmet body a little closer I am positive you will find that it is a 1942 (C.L./C.) so it was produced by the Canadian Motorlamp Company the manufacturers stamp will be followed by a steel lot batch number such as 69 for example and this will be normally found below the C.L./C. stamp.
    The liner as well looks to be Canadian to my eyes and if war time produced it will be stamped (VMC) the Viceroy Manufacturing Company and will be date and size stamped on the cross band in the liner.
    As to the camo net it is not WW II period and produced much later on.
    Regards Mark

?

Thank you very much for the information. The liner is marked as you said size 7 1/2 & dated 1941. I appreciate you time & knowledge. John