Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Article about: Guys...I've just spent 300 years (nearly) working through screens and screens of 1 & 2 page threads on the Mk4. Most of the MkII stuff now gets added to one highly informative (and BIG)

Default British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Guys...I've just spent 300 years (nearly) working through screens and screens of 1 & 2 page threads on the Mk4. Most of the MkII stuff now gets added to one highly informative (and BIG) thread (although some start a new thread each time.....'not the end of the world I guess)...but is there any mileage in trying to get ONE dedicated MkIV thread going, into which any future stuff can be added so we end up with one main info source...one "book" as it were?

I know it's a bit late but it's a real pain when you work your way through loads and loads of "here-we-have"s and "here's my"s....'happy for someone to nominate an existing one or, hey, just build on this one.....

...just a thought.......

You never know, we might end up with ONE for the 5, 6, 6a and 7s too..........

...that's it for today's rant......

oh and if there's one already perhaps it can have a BOLD CAPS heading...in red...with neon....flashing...perhaps with "it's here you idiot" added to the title...it feels like it's been a long day!

My two MKIV's, both with the 1970's liner conversions which some people then term these converted helmets as MKV's.

first is a Falkland Veterans used raw edge MKIV(V) with filed applied Hessian/sacking camo cover.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Second, MKIV(V) with scrimmed net & field made DPM cover and 1970's liner conversion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Here is my MkIV I have posted it separately but if we are going to do a collection it is a pretty nice one to add. This one according to the vets wife came back in late 45 or early 46 (he was discharged in late 45). Very nice condition dated 1945.

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Here's some IVs...'no Mk5's in there. I'm still not sure if we sorted out whether the black-inside-green-outside were civil, military or even right......

I'm no expert on these.....I've just bought what I liked!

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet
    British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet....sorry, no inside pic of this one.....it's black though.....

'looks like we're putting "5"s here too....they were the same helmet after all....I'll post a pic or two later on...but I ain't taking all that beautiful scrim off! :-)

Oops!...'bit rough, but it's not fair when you don't treat them equally......they get upset!

Thought it might be useful to add the shell stamp info...all Rubery's .......though not sure they're in order...and there's 3 missing / illegible

ROC PX 4 1953 MA
    RoCo MA AH 1953
    RoCo PR 4/1953
    RoCo PO 4/1953
    RoCo MA AH 4/1953
    RoCo B/4/1951

....at least, I THINK that's what they are......

...and here's some Mk5s.....actually Mk4s with newer style liners....with what I THINK the shell stamps are

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet BMB C316 KIV (?) 1953 1980 liner

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet BMB C355 XXIV (?) 1953 - 1978 liner

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet RO ?? CA 4/1952 - 1977 liner

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet no stamps visible NB German style net

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet no stamps visible - 1972 liner

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet RO&CO PT 4/1953

I think I've matched numbers to pictures correctly.........sorry for not doing a Jerry and totally dismantling / photographing....I bow to his professionalism!

OK...so I missed this one hiding in full view...because it's wearing a Mk6 cover....could this be the latest dated Mk5 liner ('86?) with the oldest Mk6 cover (can't see a date)....on a '53 shell???? (I know it won't be but it should get you all looking)

It does look like the cover's been on it for years...and the cover itself looks pretty old......

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet...there must be a correlation between elasticity of foliage bands and age....Lander over something???

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

really sorry but I can't make the label any clearer....age I suppose (label...not mine!)...so a Mk4 rimless shell ('53) with Mk5 liner ('86?) and Mk6 cover (label in Latin!).........da-daaaaa!...I thank you...

A small contribution, I had already posted previously, I think it is interesting the sock....very very late dated.

Regards
    Roberto

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast