Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Mk III colour question

Article about: Dear All, I would like to ask you about my Mk III helemt colour. Is it postwar or original? (Unfortunately there is not any markings in the shell, the liner has a CCL 11 1941 marking.) Thank

Default British Mk III colour question

Dear All,

I would like to ask you about my Mk III helemt colour. Is it postwar or original?
    (Unfortunately there is not any markings in the shell, the liner has a CCL 11 1941 marking.)
    Thank you for your answer in advance!

George

?

Looks to be original dark brown, is it the same colour inside?

Yes, same colour, same texture. Is it normal that there is not any markings in the shell?

?

They are probably there, just hard to see due to the textured paint. if there was a picture of the inside, especially the rim join, I could tell you who made the helmet and where to look.

Thank you very much! I will post a picture about it, but I need at least one day. (I am not at home)

I made the pictures.
    British Mk III colour questionBritish Mk III colour question

?

As there are no spot welds, I'm going for an BMB made Mk3. Which means the date/maker name will be at the rear, vertical to the rim, looking on the outside you can normally see a raised area where it was stamped on the inside. But if it's an RO&Co or F&L made Mk3, the date/maker name will be horizontal to the rim inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk III colour question   British Mk III colour question  

I tried to find the markings (using a small torch), but I am not able.... It was not just a quick look. When I could not find in the rear part, I searched it all around.... Nothing. From outside there is not any rised area... (Just a small hitmark near tu the top. )

I wonder if an old stock liner was used or has it been swapped since the war, as obviously no MKIII's were made in 41.

I have never been able to find any markings on the shell of the MKIII I own.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Oh, I missed it. It is 1944. I am sorry. I try to edit it..... (I am to able..... )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast