Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Mk1* with RASC flash - eBay

Article about: Hello, Just seen the following mk1* with flash go for over £700! ww2 British Helmet, Africa 1937 | eBay Lovely early ‘37 liner, looks like mk1 lugs and strap, external paint seems good. Just

dbp
    ?

Default British Mk1* with RASC flash - eBay

Hello,

Just seen the following mk1* with flash go for over £700!

ww2 British Helmet, Africa 1937 | eBay

Lovely early ‘37 liner, looks like mk1 lugs and strap, external paint seems good.

Just wondered on people’s thoughts regarding the flash, seems a little too bright white?

Possibly just me being envious of owning the helmet!

Best regards

SMP
    ?

Looks OK to me

Thanks Steve....insightful...... :-)

I'd be P'd if I was the £712 bidder....almost doubling the previous bid to then get pipped.......

?

Although the colours look quite bright, the blue has turned to black nearly. Which they do with age.

SMP
    ?

here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk1* with RASC flash - eBay  

......by close of business on Thursday.....

........until we see a similar one on EBay........ :-)

Looks good, but a lot of wonka, though does not compare to the WWII SAS Beret that sold at auction with fees for nearly £22,000.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

I would love to see more photos of the camo - so if the new owner is reading this - please post them !

dbp
    ?

Thanks all for the insight and clarification! I am sure my scepticism comes from the amount of flashed lids that are ‘appearing’ at the moment, and am certain many are being damaged forever (just like the German stuff).

On a side note, does anyone have a rough idea of how many mk1 liners were produced in 1937?

I don’t think I have ever seen one in anything other than a mk1* configuration, so maybe the number of mk1 shells converted in 1937 would point to an approximate figure?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast