Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British MKII

Article about: Picked this up today 1939 dated shell and liner, the brown paint is maybe pointing towards home guard.

?

Default British MKII

Picked this up today 1939 dated shell and liner, the brown paint is maybe pointing towards home guard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII   British MKII  

British MKII   British MKII  

British MKII   British MKII  

?

Thank you for not saying it was an Dunkirk helmet, which is the flavour of the month just now.
    It is a nice home front, in smooth khaki green, could have been used by the HG, or anyone else. From early 1939 they started painting them black.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Thank you for not saying it was an Dunkirk helmet, which is the flavour of the month just now.
    It is a nice home front, in smooth khaki green, could have been used by the HG, or anyone else. From early 1939 they started painting them black.
    Why do these often look more Brown than green in the hand?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Guys...I think I'm doing something wrong here and the penny has only just dropped...help me out here...

When I post a MkII I simply add it to the long running "show yours" thread....there's loads in there and they're all together....should I be just posting them as they come...a sort of thread-per-helmet approach?

personally i quite like them being all in one post ('mainly cos i dont have to go looking for loads of individual threads!) but I'm happy to be driven by the experts.......

Busman - 'nice lid by the way!

Quote by Composite View Post
    Guys...I think I'm doing something wrong here and the penny has only just dropped...help me out here...

When I post a MkII I simply add it to the long running "show yours" thread....there's loads in there and they're all together....should I be just posting them as they come...a sort of thread-per-helmet approach?

personally i quite like them being all in one post ('mainly cos i dont have to go looking for loads of individual threads!) but I'm happy to be driven by the experts.......

Ade,

I think many show the individual helmets in their own thread first and then add them to the long running thread later.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Why do these often look more Brown than green in the hand?
    Yeah I know what you mean , mine certainly looks more brown in hand.

?

Quote by Composite View Post

I didn't think to add mine to the on going thread. I tend to look at threads as they appear. So add mine on a find a lid and post a thread kind of basis.

'Don't wanna turn this into how-I-post debate.....but if you add it to an existing one it gets listed as a new post anyway.....you just have to go to the end......

There's LOADS of one or two pagers about MkIIs......

Hey...who cares...it's all about the helmets!!!.....but perhaps we deserve our own standalone category now......what do we want? Standalone respect for MkII Helmets! When do we want it? NOW!!! :-)

?

I second that!