Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

Article about: Hello Ade, Here's a post war Turtle given to me by a friend who found it in a garage. Mk IV 1954, manufactured by CCL. Do you know who CCL were? Cheers, Guy.

Thanks VERY much for the ROCO information. The gap on this one is *much* wider than on any other I have so I was intrigued. I'm still interested in ideas on the paint, though, as it is quite unlike any one of my other 20-odd 3/4. Compared to the examples you just posted there's no texture at all.

Yes, I know a sensible person would have done this earlier...not 100percent perfect colour match but this gives the idea.

British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet

?

Post war refurb' olive drab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

?

Post war Irish.
    Fine textured greyish look.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet   British MkIII Turtle pattern helmet  

?

Israel.

That's very interesting. Going by your photos the Irish example is the closest to mine here. I compared it to all the others I have and it certainly stands apart. It seems odd to me that the helmet was obviously painted on raw metal - original as per factory or stripped and repainted? If is *is* Irish (no proof of that other than approximate colour match) would they have stripped and painted, or what?

By the way, I originally bought this, several years ago, as a Belgian Mklll, from yer actual Belgium (giving it some credibility). Has a Belgian liner fitted but that proves nothing. Definately not a Belgian-made shell tho, I found that out pretty soon after unboxing.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28