Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

British Royal Armoured Corps pattern steel helmet

Article about: This was another helmet design based upon the basic shape of the Airborne helmet. Tankers soon found that they needed a steel helmet to wear when exposed in the turret or drivers position. T

Quote by Tmr View Post
    That’s blue not black on the bottom line
    So 26th Hussars (1941 - 43) then?British Royal Armoured Corps pattern steel helmet

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It's black. Same as yours.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    It's black. Same as yours.
    The old "monitor rendition" thing. It looks black to me but I can see how someone might take it for dark blue whereas the 26th H I posted as an illustration is light blue.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Tmr
    ?

It’s blsck
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Royal Armoured Corps pattern steel helmet  

Tmr
    ?

Thanks

Tmr
    ?

Thanks for the quote inspiring

Tmr
    ?

Can anyone help identify the diamond red yellow black flash on my Mk 1 HRAC 1944 dated helmet please

Quote by Tmr View Post
    Can anyone help identify the diamond red yellow black flash on my Mk 1 HRAC 1944 dated helmet please
    Tinlid ID'd it in post #17 and I illustrated what it would be if it were blue at the bottom as you suggested.

If you don't read the answers you are given members will stop answering

Tmr
    ?

Sorry I do read but no farther forward on its identity all well and good explaining about the blue line but it’s not

Quote by Tmr View Post
    Sorry I do read but no farther forward on its identity all well and good explaining about the blue line but it’s not
    As I said, Tinlid already told you in post #17 and when you insisted it was blue (which you now say it isn't) I showed what the red/yellow/blue looks like.

You have your answer which you appear to disbelieve. Don't expect any other.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-10-2023 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast