Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID

Article about: Hello gents! In my desperation to identify this wacky helmet, I'm looking to you guys across the pond! This thing at first glance appears to be a perfect copy of a British ww2 SOE striptease

Default British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID

Hello gents! In my desperation to identify this wacky helmet, I'm looking to you guys across the pond! This thing at first glance appears to be a perfect copy of a British ww2 SOE striptease helmet, but it is missing the two oxygen clips on the cheek flaps and has no leather tail sewn on to attach to the jumpsuit. Also, the camo patter is completely unlike anything else I have seen in photos. Any identification help would be great!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID   British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID  

British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID   British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID  

British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID   British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID  

I think it’s a well made reproduction of the SOE helmet (for film work?). The camo colours look reminiscent of those used on the Belgian post war Denison’s

I think it has been made from an Airborne Sleeping bag.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Several movies have been made with the Striptease Jumpsuit and helmet appearing in them, but most were made back in the 50's when the real things were probably still available to use. However, I recently watched the 2020 movie "Resistance" and there was one used in it. Perhaps it came from that?

Where was it found?

This would make a great placeholder to go with my Striptease Jumpsuit until I find a real helmet, so if you do not plan to keep it, let me know.

for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British SOE Striptease Helmet Copy in need of ID  

A VERY nice example! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

I'm on the lookout for one of those for my collection, or the earlier and rarer Sorbo rubber helmet. Definitely not easy to find.

Buff, interesting, I hadn't seen that movie. Can't find any clips of the SOE scene, know of any on YouTube? I'd be interested to compare. And I'm not really ready to get rid of it yet, but you're the first to express interest and I'll keep you in mind.

Hi Splatmaster. The "Resistance" movie is currently available on Amazon Prime, but the view of the Camouflage Jump Helmet is literally about 2 seconds long (at about 1:05:30). I've attached a picture below. I don't think it looks like yours, in fact it doesn't look very good at all.

There was also an even quicker flash of the Sorbo Rubber style helmet about 10 seconds earlier at 1:05:20, although they have the color wrong. I've also attached a picture of this scene.

In the 1950's movie "Against the Wind", the Camouflage Jump Helmet was shown for a few minutes over a couple scenes. It was in black and white, but I am pretty sure it is also an original example. Here are a couple shots from that movie:

The next three shots also show a good view of the jumpsuit with the rear cushion pocket.

The movies "Now It Can Be Told" (School For Danger) and "Odette" both have SOE agent jump scenes, but with the earlier Sorbo Rubber Jump Helmet instead of the Camouflage Helmet.