Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British WWII MKII Helmet

Article about: Hi all. I have recently added this helmet to my display. I'm assuming its a British MKII. Seems as if at some stage someone has expressed their artist impression by "scribbling" a

?

Default British WWII MKII Helmet

Hi all.

I have recently added this helmet to my display. I'm assuming its a British MKII. Seems as if at some stage someone has expressed their artist impression by "scribbling" a decal on to the front.. any tips on removing it without damaging underlining paint? I've looked over the helmet for any heat stamps but no luck finding anything, maybe the liner is obstructing it somewhere. The other thing I've notice compared to other examples with the chin strap is lacking elastic ends, it just seems to be fabric all through. Comments welcomed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WWII MKII Helmet   British WWII MKII Helmet  

British WWII MKII Helmet   British WWII MKII Helmet  

British WWII MKII Helmet  

duplicate post sorry!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-18-2021 at 12:18 AM. Reason: deleted duplicate

I think what you have there is a Belgian M49, but I could be wrong, I'm not sharp of post war models.
    World War Helmets - Casque Modele 49

WW2 chinstraps are configured like this -

?

Thanks for the insight.. I've looked at the the Belgian 49 specs - states steel. I've done a Magnetic test on the helmet I have, NON magnetic so i'm assuming Manganese Steel. The liner appears to be british BMB 1942? The fifth helmet down in this link appears closer than the M49 World War Helmets - Casque Mark II.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WWII MKII Helmet  

Ahh I see it's a MKIII chinstrap I think? as I look deeper into it. I've never come across one before!

?

Yeah.. Anything is possible. It would be a late war helmet if the colour of the helmet is anything to go off. From what I've read Brown was used towards the end of the war because of the low availability of the green used at the start of the war.

Can't help on the paint removal as it looks aged Mate
    Bump it up !