Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Broodie style helmet with strange liner

Article about: Hello there I was recently wandering through an antiques store and saw this helmet that was labeled as "WW1 American helmet" however the liner looks nothing like the type found in

Default Broodie style helmet with strange liner

Hello there

I was recently wandering through an antiques store and saw this helmet that was labeled as "WW1 American helmet" however the liner looks nothing like the type found in Mk 1/M1917 helmets, nor any other brodie style helmet I've seen. It also features a chinstrap very similar to the WW2 M1 but the buckle is a little more squat. although it is not very visible in the images there is a stuffed leather pad in the crown. Is this a genuine piece, or something someone made in their garage? Any best guesses, or suggestions are appreciated.

Apache8

?

US M1917-A1. McCord manufactured these in 1940-1941, before the introduction of the new M1.

MAP
    ?

Agree. A nice worn example. It's my experience that most of these are found in similar or better condition as they did not see the extensive wartime use.

The pad on the inside dome can also be seen installed either above or below the liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for all the help