Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting Paint

Article about: Hey Everyone, I recently bought this helmet, I believe its Canadian as its virtually identical to my other 1942 Canadian Helmet, both were Civil service helmets made by GSW. The main and obv

Default Canadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting Paint

Hey Everyone,

I recently bought this helmet, I believe its Canadian as its virtually identical to my other 1942 Canadian Helmet, both were Civil service helmets made by GSW. The main and obvious difference being the paint job. This one seems to have been black originally, which I believe could be engineers, maybe police? But I have searched for days for the star logo and white rim and have not had any luck. I love the helmet, but I'm thinking it may be a post war paint job, just wondering if you guys may have any input?
    I love the helmet regardless, just hoping I can paint a clearer picture of its history.

Canadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting PaintCanadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting PaintCanadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting PaintCanadian Civil Service Helmet with Interesting Paint

Ive attached pictures, If you guys need any more Id be happy to post.

Cheers everyone and thanks in advance for any and all help,

?

Yes, definitely Canadian helmet, as used on the home front.
    Sorry, can't help with the star on the front.

Never have seen that before either. Could be just a folk art paint job post war by someone?

I appreciate your responses, and post war folk art is unfortunately what Ive been leaning towards. I have found a picture in a book while doing research, of a helmet that was black with a white rim, and that is the closest thing Ive been able to find to this one. Either way it makes a cool display. Cheers