Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian helmet flash question

Article about: Hi to all, I have this Canadian helmet, a British made MK3 with 2 flashes. One is the Canadian flag, the other is red and green. Did someone see this before? The helmet was found in Belgium.

Default Canadian helmet flash question

Hi to all,
    I have this Canadian helmet, a British made MK3 with 2 flashes. One is the Canadian flag, the other is red and green. Did someone see this before? The helmet was found in Belgium.
    I was thinking it's maybe from a Canloan (Canadian officer in British regiment) or from a liaison officer. Otherwise I see no reason for the Canadian flag. Any help to ID it is welcome. Also the red and green flash...thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian helmet flash question  

Not my area of expertise but a pic that includes the badges in entirety would be helpful pls

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian helmet flash question  

And

More...

Nobody?

Well. I don't think it's wartime as that version of the Canadian Red Ensign was adopted in 1945 as flag for use on government buildings so maybe not even military. It never was the national flag which was the Union Flag until the Maple Leaf design in 1965.

We still can't see the red and green flash except for the actual colours.

You need to post clear and complete images in the correct orientation if you want to get much feedback.

Also, maybe don't be in such a rush. Six posts in five years with five of those in this thread all in a couple of days ending with "Nobody?"

The helmet guys here are really good and will help but most live in different time zones and have jobs and stuff. Just be patient or you will put people off.

Also it is a good idea to include any details of circumstances around the find etc because that can often be a source of good leads to ID.

Just trying to help.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

mark....now did you find out about dates and the flag?

Looks like the div insignia of the 46th North Midland Division but the 46th was only active during the First World War and again during the inter war period from what I have seen so I don’t know why it would be on a mkIII helmet.

Quote by Composite View Post
    mark....now did you find out about dates and the flag?
    Er, I paid attention in history at school

Plus I think it was a trival pursuit question
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast