MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian MK2 with net

Article about: Hi guys, as always, I need your help: I have this Canadian Mk2, to me it looks ok, even after reading your previous post on the subject, but I'm not an expert on these helmets and I would li

Default Canadian MK2 with net

Hi guys,
    as always, I need your help: I have this Canadian Mk2, to me it looks ok, even after reading your previous post on the subject, but I'm not an expert on these helmets and I would like know your opinions.
    The dual tone net is mounted securely under the liner, but I managed to read the mark inside the shell:
    G.S.W. A A
    MK I 1941
    while the liner is V.M.C. II 1942.
    I await your comments.

greetings
    Roberto

Canadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with netCanadian MK2 with net
    Last edited by OldSteel; 11-08-2015 at 08:35 PM.

?

Not an expert on Canadian Mk2's, but it all looks ok to me.But I know a man who does.

Thanks, Aaron
    your ok is already good thing.........then I await the opinion of the friend who we know!

Looks good to me Roberto, a very nice Canadian MKII helmet. Mark will "chip in" and give you more details though. Leon.

Thanks, Leon
    I agree, if Mark read the post , I'd like to have your opinion of expert on the subject.

Roberto

?

Hi Roberto a lovely example and all looks original to my eyes it is not uncommon to see 1941 dated helmet bodies fitted with 1942 dated furniture.
    The net looks to have been on this example for some time and shows the expected wear around the outer rim which is indicative of a field used example as is the shine, discolouration and wear in around the area of the dome which would suggest the helmet has been placed up side down on numerous occasions.

Regards Mark

Thanks, Mark
    I was waiting with interest your comment and what you say is a good news; in my area it is very difficult to find these helmets and even more if complete and in good condition as this!
    I'm glad I found a nice example for my collection.

cheers
    Roberto

?

You are welcome Roberto it is a nice Helm and I would be happy to have it in my collection I have noticed a change in the market place over the last year or so and good combat grade and flashed examples are starting to get scarce on the ground and the price has risen considerably at one time they were a very affordable helmet to add to ones shelf but IMO those days are now long gone.

Regards Mark