Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chief Wardens Helmet

Article about: Picked up a couple of helmets at the weekend, nicest was this chief wardens helmet, W front and rear, named to Brown, 1938 Vero liner and a F&L 1939 shell.

Default Chief Wardens Helmet

Picked up a couple of helmets at the weekend, nicest was this chief wardens helmet, W front and rear, named to Brown, 1938 Vero liner and a F&L 1939 shell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chief Wardens Helmet   Chief Wardens Helmet  

Chief Wardens Helmet   Chief Wardens Helmet  

?

That's a real neat one.

....and the other one was........????? :-)

The other one was this, 1942 dated on the strap lugs, no other markings that I can see on the shell or liner, was originally all black, then painted tan.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chief Wardens Helmet   Chief Wardens Helmet  

Chief Wardens Helmet  

?

Looks like it has an private purchase liner.

I wondered about that....is there the Mk1 oval crown pad in there, with the four rivets holding the black covering, which has separated, in place?....I've not seen that before if so.

Mr 39...any chance of a close up on the crown pad when you've got a mo please?? :-)

...actually, isn't this sad.....we're grown men for Pete's sake.........

You boys have sharp eyes, I'll take some more pictures when I get home, it is an unusual liner for sure, I was going to take it out to see if there were any markings on it.
    And no it's not sad Compo, yes were grown men, but it's good old fashioned interest and curiosity and no you can't play with my toys.
    Regards Mr 39

?

If its a private purchase liner, doubt it will have any markings, so please leave in situ.
    Nice find, just goes to show how wide and never ending home front helmets can be.

?

Shut up Aaron....I want pics!!!! :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast