Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German

Article about: Another one from my collection. These helmets were brought home by Lt. Frank C. David of the 7th Infantry Division AEF. Included are his ID'd Helmet, Gas Mask and his battlefield pick-up cam

?

Default Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German

Another one from my collection. These helmets were brought home by Lt. Frank C. David of the 7th Infantry Division AEF. Included are his ID'd Helmet, Gas Mask and his battlefield pick-up camouflaged German Stahlhelm complete with bullet hole. This grouping was found in an attic of a family member by a good friend of mine during an estate clean-out in Alabama in 2007
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German   Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German  

Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German   Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German  

Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German   Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German  

Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German  

Default Re: Combination Helmet Display WWI Doughboy & Captured German

They make a wonderfull display and are especially nice as they came together as a group.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They make a wonderfull display and are especially nice as they came together as a group.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, I think these display very well together but, I wish I had the story with it. How did Lt. David come about the enemies helmet? Was it an after battle pick-up or personal encounter? It would be interesting but, I'm afraid that story is lost in history.

?

Fantastic pieces of history
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Well, it isn't WWI aviation......but still, it certainly makes me drool. VERY nice
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Well, it isn't WWI aviation......but still, it certainly makes me drool. VERY nice
    Thanks Steve! The men who wore these lids probably watched the aviators fight while they looked up from the trenches.

?

Hi Bugme , it`s so rare to see these unmessed with , you can really see the age to them , they look fantastic !.....Al

?

Excellent! Some of the WWI painted helmets are just amazing pieces of Folk Art and this is one of them!

Also I like the use of the plate stand to display the helmet so you can see the top.

?

Thanks for the compliments guys. I feel fortunate to be able to have something like this with history and name.

Erick, the plate stand idea was not mine. Believe it or not, my wife came up with it! She really supports my collecting, ah... most of the time.

?

You sure have some fantastic pieces and well displayed thanks for showing,rgds Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast