MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Decal on an indian MKII ID

Article about: Good day. First post here, hopefully i don't make any mistakes or break any rules. So a while ago i got this Brodie at a militaria fair from a guy claiming it was from WW1 and it belonged to

Question Decal on an indian MKII ID

Good day. First post here, hopefully i don't make any mistakes or break any rules.
    So a while ago i got this Brodie at a militaria fair from a guy claiming it was from WW1 and it belonged to the AFS.
    However once i came home and posted it online i fell down a rabbit hole.
    The 1st color applied on it seems to be that blu-grey (can't tell, i'm colorblind) you see on the inside, followed by green and then red + decal.
    Together with some experts on an italian militaria forum we were able to identify it as an indian-made MKII.
    However some of them were also suggesting it might have been one of those used in Hong-Kong by the Volunteer Defence Corp.
    Noone was able to identify the decal however, the seller claimed it to be the AFS decal (and that the F would stand for "firefighter") but i now know that the AFS used an "AFS" decal on their helmets, so we ruled that out.
    Seeing that this is a much bigger forum i am now asking: is anyone able to once and for all identify this helmet as one of the two above? And most important of all: Is anyone able to tell me anything at all regarding that decal on the side and why it was painted red?
    I'm posting the pictures of the helmet, sadly it's only a shell which doesn't help for sure

?

Looks to be an Indian made Mk2, paint and markings are most likely post war. A large amount of Mk2 and Mk3 helmets were brought into the Country last year. None have ww2 British paint or decals/markings.