Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flash identification

Article about: Can anyone help with identifying this helmet flash. I have been told it’s REME but the colours are the wrong way round, and the yellow stripe is wrong ( or so I believe! ) I would apprecia

Default Flash identification

Can anyone help with identifying this helmet flash. I have been told it’s REME but the colours are the wrong way round, and the yellow stripe is wrong ( or so I believe! )
    I would appreciate any input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flash identification  

SMP
    ?

Is the flash on both sides or just one?

Quote by SMP View Post
    Is the flash on both sides or just one?
    Hi SMP the flash is on one side only. It’s on a Brodie Mk1* dated 1938 to a Lt DJ Sheridan RAOC which might mean he was transferred!

?

Here are two REME flashes, both different layouts, but the same colours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flash identification   Flash identification  

SMP
    ?

There is a real dearth of information on British unit flashes. I am sure someone has researched them, but I have never seen it.

Thanks guys, I have since found that my man was originally in RAOC and transferred at sometime to REME so that mayanswer the question, although I am still a bit baffled as to why my flash is red/yellow/blue as opposed to blue/yellow/red (REME) and why in a diamond shape!

Nice helmet! I don't understand the color. The flash on the images is blue, yellow, red, which is the standard REME flash. Why did you say red/yellow/blue?

There is another MKII helmet with a double flash: one side has the REME standard flash, and the other side has a diamond flash like yours.

I'm not sure if I can insert the image here. I'll ask the collector, and if they say yes, I will post it here.

Hi tinlid, thanks for that. I have since found that my man was originally in the RAOC and was transferred to REME at some stage.

Hi psycopis, when I was searching for information, a lot of images for REME flashes were coming up red and blue with no yellow so I was a bit confused! Thanks for your reply.

Images of MKII with double flash, standard REME, and diamond flashes like yours. The diamond flash seems to have an RA flash decal (blue, varied in black) with a yellow stripe painted on.
    Thanks for the opportunity to share.

Flash identification
    Flash identificationFlash identification

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast