Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

French Adrian M26 helmet

Article about: Dear all, After a time with some adventures I am back at this wonderful forum . So may I ask you what you think about this Adrian M26 please? Prewar colour? With best wishes Alter Musketier

Default French Adrian M26 helmet

Dear all,

After a time with some adventures I am back at this wonderful forum . So may I ask you what you think about this Adrian M26 please? Prewar colour?

With best wishes
    Alter Musketier

French Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmetFrench Adrian M26 helmet
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Earlier style liner and early M.15 style badge. Later on the front badges would become discs.
    I like it, and can't see anything wrong with it. The badges are held on with bent metal prongs and depending on how they were stored there can be a shadow of the badge. I can't see any shadow of a disc.

Matt

It's a liner typical for the M26, with the clippers typical for the M26. Also typical chinstrap for the M26 with the screw for easy removal. Indeed early style M15 infantery badge. Nice helmet, seems not repainted to me and original colour. Manufacturer nicely visible.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French Adrian M26 helmet   French Adrian M26 helmet  

French Adrian M26 helmet   French Adrian M26 helmet  

French Adrian M26 helmet  

New (round) badges for the M26 were in many cases not same colour as the (kaki) helmet as not applied in the factory.

Dear Matt, dear Helmcollector,

Thank you very much for your answers

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I see nothing wrong with OP's M26 Adrian. Nicely stamped pre-war liner.

Hello HelmHunter,

Definitively a nice one.
    Makes quite some time I didn't saw one like this

Good catch

Bruno

the liner and chin strap show very little use , probably in storage for a long time? the shell seems more aged than the liner.

Hello,
    Nice provider by the way. Not the most comon one
    Best
    Bruno