MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne

Article about: It took me a while to find a adrian helmet with this insigne that looks original to the helmet, but I think this is one. All imput (positive and negative) wellcome.

Default French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne

It took me a while to find a adrian helmet with this insigne that looks original to the helmet, but I think this is one. All imput (positive and negative) wellcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne   French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne  

French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne   French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne  

French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne   French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne  

Sold my French ones a long time ago so can’t comment on the badge.

I guess this French dealer can not afford to sell helmets with fake insignes (but you never know...) as especially French collectors should be able to distinguish right from fake..
    I posted it on a French collectors forum for evaluation...
    Casque Adrian Mdle 1915 Chasseur Coiffe premier type - Ventes d'antiquites militaires : Royal Dragons
    Attached Images Attached Images French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne 

Mine from a different angle...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne   French M26 adrian 'chasseurs' with early M15 insigne  

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    I guess this French dealer can not afford to sell helmets with fake insignes (but you never know...) as especially French collectors should be able to distinguish right from fake..
    I posted it on a French collectors forum for evaluation...
    Casque Adrian Mdle 1915 Chasseur Coiffe premier type - Ventes d'antiquites militaires : Royal Dragons
    It's a dangerous statement , that would mean German dealers would also be careful because German collectors would know :-)
    I only buy something if I myself can authenticate it and if I don't know the subject I ask other collectors for opinions. That way you rule out any mistakes or foul play.
    I also started with trusting dealers , later on when I found forums I never bought any helmet unless it was vetted by an experienced collector.

Here's one of my Chasseur's M15s (white background), another one I parted with some time ago (red background), and a loose (broken) original M15 badge. One can see that there can be differences in the design of these early badges, like - for example - one or two loops in the pipe of the hunting horn. Fake badges are quite difficult to spot, whatever the nationality of the collector.

Apart from that, the originality of the badge is not the only point to take into consideration : the originality of the association between the badge and the helmet must also be a concern.

Chasseurs are a relatively hard to find branch of service ; they're an elite troop and their helmets are sought after. It also took me quite some time to find one in a decent condition, so congrats for your new acquisition. As far as I can tell, I see nothing wrong so far with the above helmets ; anyway, for the M26, it's hard to be 100% positive on all points without having the helmet in hands.

Last edited by Das Edelweiss; 10-01-2023 at 12:46 PM.

My Chasseur's M26 helmet below shows a more brownish color than the one pictured in 1st post, but it also wears an early M15 badge. I never felt comfortable with any Chasseur's helmet with a M37 badge yet ; hope that will change one of these days though.
    (sorry for the very bad view here, it's an old picture that was cropped)

Last edited by Das Edelweiss; 10-01-2023 at 03:11 AM.

Yes Frank, you are right, but it was not the only reference before I purchased this helmet. I also did some research like this magazine...I payed 200 euro for it.

Last edited by Helmcollector; 10-01-2023 at 04:32 PM.

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    I payed 200 euro for it.
    Er... what ?
    (ah, you mean the helmet and not the book, right ?)

Yes, I meant the helmet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast