Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Generic Brodie Helmet

Article about: I found a brodie helmet lying around in a junk shop near where i live, and i am afraid what to do with it. Its not the price that i am worried about, since the shop owner thinks it as somewh

Pawnbroker
    ?

Default Generic Brodie Helmet

I found a brodie helmet lying around in a junk shop near where i live, and i am afraid what to do with it.
    Its not the price that i am worried about, since the shop owner thinks it as somewhat worthless, but whether i can restore it or not, otherwise it would be clutter. I never got enough time to get a good look at it, but its slightly rusted near where the liner should be. The liner is somewhat crumpled (bad enough that it is impossible to wear).
    Is there anything that i could fix about this? The shop opens again next saturday and it would be a damn shame if i couldnt restore it, because otherwise it will be another item of history in the skip.

As for random details, it appears to be some sort of brodie helmet, possibly from ww1 or early ww2. The shell colour is a sort of light black and it has some old writing on the liner.
    If i purchase it, i'll make sure to update with pictures
    Last edited by Pawnbroker; 03-13-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Default Re: Generic Brodie Helmet

Hi
    If its a 1st or 2nd Pattern (sharp edged rim or sleeved) and not a WW2 one its definately worth £30 as a shell . I think a company called Time Machine do a beautiful repro Brodie liner with leather strap at £40 . This is what the re enactors use , its museum quality restoration and simple to rivet on ,
    Regards Rob

Pawnbroker
    ?

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Hi
    If its a 1st or 2nd Pattern (sharp edged rim or sleeved) and not a WW2 one its definately worth £30 as a shell . I think a company called Time Machine do a beautiful repro Brodie liner with leather strap at £40 . This is what the re enactors use , its museum quality restoration and simple to rivet on ,
    Regards Rob
    Cool. If i buy the helmet, i will make sure to remember that , if the liner is impossible to fix of course

I wouldn't bother buying it....wait until you can get a complete piece. Repro liners do not add any value to helmets. In fact, they actually tend to reduce the value as true collectors don't take to these that much. These helmets aren't that hard to find, I think......I would save my money.
    Rob