Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

GPO MKII no2. C

Article about: Had this one on hold for me for about a month, and finally managed to get over and pick it up today. Sadly it is a bit battered and the GPO lettering had been painted over or covered in its

Default GPO MKII no2. C

Had this one on hold for me for about a month, and finally managed to get over and pick it up today.

Sadly it is a bit battered and the GPO (General Post Office) lettering had been painted over or covered in its life, but it had been removed before I got it and it is clear as to what it is. Nice shiny grey paint and interestingly (honest) it has its three holes only on one side, which though not unheard of, this is actually a first in my collection and also the holes can be clearly seen to have been punched prior to the lugs being attached. Maker of the Shell is JS&S dated 1941 (though most of the date is behind the lug) and the liner is CCL 1940 size 7.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GPO MKII no2. C   GPO MKII no2. C  

GPO MKII no2. C   GPO MKII no2. C  

GPO MKII no2. C   GPO MKII no2. C  

GPO MKII no2. C  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 04-04-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice lid, with the civil spec lug holes added I wonder if was used in an ARP role before it became a GPO one. Very nice find!