Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

H.C.G. marked Canadian Helmet

Article about: Been browsing The Collector's Guild and came across this MKII Canadian helmet with H.C.G. on the front of it. According to the description they do not know what it means and I was wondering

Default H.C.G. marked Canadian Helmet

Been browsing The Collector's Guild and came across this MKII Canadian helmet with H.C.G. on the front of it. According to the description they do not know what it means and I was wondering if anyone here knew.

There site will not let me copy pictures so I'll post a link:

The Collector's Guild

Thanks in advance,

Justin

Default Re: H.C.G. Helmet

if of any help to you my grandfather was working at the CO OP during the war and he was also an Air Raid Warden. the " kworp " as he pronounced it was the Co-Operatve Wholesale Society . I remember playing with his tin hat as a kid. this was the same helmet as per your query except for the fact that it had C.W.S stencilled on it inside the white box.

pjm
    ?

Default Re: H.C.G. Helmet

Was there a coastal watch in Canada...perhaps Home Coast Guard... I've done various searches and found nothing but so many possibilities exist from someone's initials done during or after the war, to factory or civil use to...???