Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.

Article about: Hiya, Great to be back, been ill with Covid the last 15 months, but on the road to ( hopefully) a full recovery now... Found this last weekend, and could not believe my luck....I've never ev

?

Default Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.

Hiya, Great to be back, been ill with Covid the last 15 months, but on the road to ( hopefully) a full recovery now...

Found this last weekend, and could not believe my luck....I've never even seen one of these Early Lightweight Para Helmets , never mind owned one...

It is in an amazing condition, apart from a little wear on the outside, the rest has some marks and staining, but nothing really.

I bought it off an Ex member of 2 Para, he actually told me it was his...no reason to disbelieve the chap....... I didn't think about provenance, and in the cold light of day, once back home, realised how important this would be....I will try and get hold of him this week, see if he will be happy to give me a note etc...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.   Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.  

Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.   Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.  

Lightweight ( Early) Para Helmet.  

Very nice and still with the early chinstrap
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i wouldn't worry about provenance or anything like that - finding one of these in such good condition is a wonderment in itself. And if I remember correctly without checking, the brown straps indicate an EARLY early version. Even better.

?

Thanks Greg for the great info....tomorrow, I'm heading down to Morecambe to visit my mate/mentor , in 35 years of collecting, he's never seen, let alone handled one of these helmets...so, a wee treat for him...

Probably pointing out the obvious here, but you will find several thread on these helmets at this section - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/balli...osite-helmets/ - You'll have to search, which isn't as simple as it sounds - people have a tendency to start new threads wtih similar but different titles. I can't even find my own postings sometimes - here's one on the later version UK Helmet Parachute breakdown. but there are definately threads on the early ones like your fine example.