Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M1 helmet

Article about: Hello, guys! I want to bay this helmet. What period is it? Whay country? How much is it?

Default M1 helmet

Hello, guys!
    I want to bay this helmet. What period is it? Whay country? How much is it? M1 helmetM1 helmetM1 helmetM1 helmetM1 helmetM1 helmet

Nobody know?

From the shape I would say that this is not an American M1 but a later contract for another country.

I would agree that it is a M1 clone from foreign source and not US.
    John

Thanks, how did you realise that it isnt American m1?

I only have US M1's and a couple AU clones! you can usually tell via the chin strap bails. These be US. Austrian?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-27-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Is it just me or is one bale significantly larger than the other (could be the pic)? I am well out of practise with these, but I think Rene’s guess is very sound with these pics. From memory, Austrian M1 clones did use stainless steel for the rim, even into the 1970’s.

Late to the party but the question was answered. It’s not US but can’t confirm the county of origin.
    I hope the members here were helpful.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by BaLaGaN View Post
    Thanks, how did you realise that it isnt American m1?
    If you were to place it side by side with a WW2 era M1 helmet you would see that the wartime M1 is a different shape, the dome appears deeper than the post war euroclones. The bales/bails give it away too as already pointed out.