Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front

Article about: Hi I found this m1 liner, can someone help with more information Also any idea of a value Thanks in advance

Default M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front

Hi

I found this m1 liner, can someone help with more information

Also any idea of a value

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front   M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front  

M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front   M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front  

M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front   M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front  

M1 liner ww2 with "SP" at the front  

As an educated guess I would suggest SP = Shore Patrol.

Sorry but we don't do valuations here, it is against forum policy. Mainly because valuations are very subjective and people can become very argumentative when their "piece of treasure" is categorised as something less than they assume. Also, it would be very bad for the Forum to attract those who just want free valuations of items they simply intend to trade on rather than have any interest in the item itself.

If you research the market you will soon identify a range of value for an M1 liner of similar period. Add a bit on because marked liners attract a premium depending on how rare / desirable the marking makes it. Then subtract an amount for condition if it is not mint / excellent condition. In this case it seems to be badly split and (/) misshapen. So take a view.

Furthermore, your thread here;

SSh-39 helmet - value

attracted similar advice.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-18-2023 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I understand Mark

And many thanks for a very good respond!

Mick

Mick,

I agree with Mark's assessment of the liner as well as identification. This is most likely a US Navy Shore Patrol liner.

Smitty

Nice relic, a pity the condition isn't that great.