Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M38 USA Tanker helmet

Article about: hello collective wissdom, not very familiar with us tanker helmets, but as a collector of ww1/2 helmet, this helmet took my attention for what looks to me as a fare price. Looking on the int

Default M38 USA Tanker helmet

hello collective wissdom,
    not very familiar with us tanker helmets, but as a collector of ww1/2 helmet, this helmet took my attention for what looks to me as a fare price.
    Looking on the internet I saw a few variants of this type helmets that are wartime. This one is labeled 1943. Would like to have some imput from you guys. Is this helmet complete (as far as the pictures can tell you...)
    Thanks in advance !
    Attached Images Attached Images M38 USA Tanker helmet  M38 USA Tanker helmet  M38 USA Tanker helmet  M38 USA Tanker helmet  M38 USA Tanker helmet  M38 USA Tanker helmet 

I am not a fan of the interior ink stamps for size and the 1943 is not something that the US would put inside the helmet. The date would be more likely found on the manufacturers label, (which is also missing in this example). Not too keen on the buckle type chin strap either..

Just my thoughts. We have several original tanker helmets in the 1AD museum collection (all marked Rawlings) as well as provenanced.

Not too sure what to think about this example.. Maybe French used??

Smitty

Sorry to say but it’s not an American M38 helmet. It’s either Belgian or French.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Odd mix of in stamps

Thanks so far for the replies. I also was suspicious, especialy about the date stamp...

?

First model Belgian, the 54 stamp is original. 1950s

World War Helmets - Casque Crash

Steve