Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Malta Camo Helmet

Article about: Hi, What do you guys think of this one?

Default Malta Camo Helmet

Hi, What do you guys think of this one?Malta Camo HelmetMalta Camo HelmetMalta Camo HelmetMalta Camo Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta Camo Helmet   Malta Camo Helmet  

?

Fake, or not one I would be happy with. Looks like whatever they put over the outside paint has also gone onto the inside brim.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Fake, or not one I would be happy with. Looks like whatever they put over the outside paint has also gone onto the inside brim.
    There must be far more "dodgy" Malta MkII helmets around than there were ever originals.

Also the fact that the medal "group" (?) contains two examples of The British War Medal suggests to me a basic lack of knowledge on the part of the seller as it could not be awarded twice to the same recipient (nor could the other British campaign medals for that matter). These medals are of course un-named but at the time it was not possible to obtain multiple pieces unlike TR war badges for instance.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-14-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

SMP
    ?

Adding a badge is a new one !

Quote by SMP View Post
    Adding a badge is a new one !
    Yeah, I didn't mention that as it is just hooked over the chinstrap (I have only seen these with sliders rather than lugs) and that could have been done five mins before the photo was taken but as you mention it there are two so it must be an authentic group right?

Regards

Mark
    PS Anybody care to ID the seller?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default Kings own Malta Regiment Badges

Hi, I indeed got that helmet and the badges from eBay, I was just taking the piss Lol.... I can look it up and see who I bought It from but It was years ago. I figured it was a fake but It was cheap, and It was a real 1939/40 MKII. Basically I was bored one day at work and trolling eBay and getting paid for it ...... I knew the Camo looked different and it looked like it was smeared with grease, also it didn't have a sandy or matt finish like the picture Tin Lid has for his profile picture.. I always wanted a real one because my paternal Grandfather who was born in Malta was a gunner in the Royal Malta Artillery. I put the badge on the strap cause that'sjust how I display It. Obviously the medals are not related to the helmet, both Malta regiment badges are cheap eBay buys. I'm pretty sure the one with the slider is real. The other medals are actually both my grandfather's. 4 are from the one who served in Malta,and the duplicate is from my Canadian grandfather who was in the RCAF. Interestingly I wondered why my Gramps would get the African star when he just stayed in Malta, but I have his soldiers book and he was awarded it. I found out years later that because Malta was in the operational area of North Africa they were eligible for the medal firing on convoys supplying the Africa corp .
    Sorry guys Lol....... Let me have It I deserve it ...Lol

Malta Camo HelmetMalta Camo HelmetMalta Camo HelmetMalta Camo Helmet

's'funny...I thought I'd seen that helmet/medal set for sale on Ebay quite recently.....'must be getting old

Quote by Composite View Post
    's'funny...I thought I'd seen that helmet/medal set for sale on Ebay quite recently.....'must be getting old
    Well if your Avatar is anything to go by, you ARE old!

Yeah, I'm old too mate ...well they say the older the chicken the better the soup...
    I've had that helmet probably 10 years now... I hoard I don't sell. But I hoard the good stuff, or I try to .... except for this helmet which is a fantasy piece. What do you think of the Malta regiment badges? I say the slider one is good, the lug one is sketchy.... shite really
    Here is one Fortitude Militaria has for sale, a lug version. His badge looks much better than mine, the silver cross is fatter and the details are nicer. He has it listed on eBay as well.
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images Malta Camo Helmet  Malta Camo Helmet