Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Markings on a Zuckerman Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys Picked up a CPH today with a number of markings on the outside (please see photo’s). I was wondering if anybody recognises the marking and could possibly tell me what they represen

?

Default Markings on a Zuckerman Helmet

Hi Guys
    Picked up a CPH today with a number of markings on the outside (please see photo’s).
    I was wondering if anybody recognises the marking and could possibly tell me what they represent? I’m thinking they may have been added post war by someone playing with the helmet but you never know.
    Thanks
    Chris
    Markings on a Zuckerman HelmetMarkings on a Zuckerman HelmetMarkings on a Zuckerman HelmetMarkings on a Zuckerman Helmet

Markings aren’t ringing any bells....but the strap is interesting....

?

Markings on a Zuckerman Helmet

Yes Composite The chinstrap is interesting.
    I wouldn’t normally buy Zuckerman’s but the markings, the condition of the liner and the chinstrap all appealed to me. Here’s a close up of the chinstrap buckle.

It’d be great to see the rest of the strap when you’ve next got your camera handy please.

...and there’s nothing wrong with CPHs...... :-) I think they’d make a great display though the trouble is we’ve all got a handful of them with all the other stuff. There’s some nice paint jobs out there.....and there were 10 million Zucks so plenty to look at.

...sorry, I should’ve said why.....I’ve seen a lot of Zuck straps (there was nothing official) but this is a new one to me....

?

Markings on a Zuckerman HelmetMarkings on a Zuckerman Helmet

Here’s some close ups of the strap. It’s one piece and runs from one side to the next underneath the liner webbing.
    I also have another nice Zuckerman, it’s a Block Leader Fireguard helmet. No photos unfortunately it’s stored at work at the moment.

Thank you...some WW1 straps went up around the crown like that.....but the lug fitments (or should that be “twisted wires”) clearly aren’t right.....the question is was this a war time set-up....it could be a period improvisation.

?

The chinstrap material looks a bit like the type used on WW2 US M1 helmets.like the improvised lug fitments (-:

?

It looks very much like the strap from a head protectors Ltd helmet.

?

Hi Tinlid
    Any pictures of one of their chinstraps?
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast