Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Military Police Helmet

Article about: I got this helmet at a gunshow, I wear it to the Pep band games, as every Game Night is Crazy Hat night, The MP helment is Black and white which is also our SChool colors. The paint is falli

Arbitor118
    ?

Question Military Police Helmet

I got this helmet at a gunshow, I wear it to the Pep band games, as every Game Night is Crazy Hat night, The MP helment is Black and white which is also our SChool colors. The paint is falling off and i am in need off a new one. Can any1 tell me whether its real not, and where to get 1? I can make out what appears to say "Type 1" but the rest of the sticker has been torn off, I am VERY big on WWII and have a couple helmets, I know that this is a liner. Did they acutally use liners or Steel Pots?

Default Re: Military Police Helmet

Arbitor, pics didn't come through. John

Arbitor, forgot to add if it is a liner it is probably post war. I have one from the 287th of the Berlin Brigade, it is black and white with the Brigade Logo. Still a nice piece. John

Arbitor118
    ?

I just Joined today, and didn't know he picture limit size. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will get them up ASAP

Arbitor118
    ?

Here is the Pic.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military Police Helmet  

?

Looks like a Vietnam era MP liner. A picture of the inside web suspension would be helpful for better identification. To answer your question, yes, the liner was worn in conjunction with the steel helmet. A soldier would have had a very sore head in a very short time had he worn only the steel pot on his head. The M-1 helmet is designed as a two piece(liner and pot) helmet.

yours was probably worn as is without the steel shell, since it was used by MP's

they would often wear just the liners with markings if they were not in a combat zone.