Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner

Article about: Hi all. Picked this up recently and thought I would show it. The liner is held in by a rivet rather than a screw which I have not seen before. Looks like the rim has been added to a WW1 raw

Default MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner

Hi all. Picked this up recently and thought I would show it. The liner is held in by a rivet rather than a screw which I have not seen before. Looks like the rim has been added to a WW1 raw edge helmet. I would be interested to know if anyone knows what the black rectangle on the side of the helmet means or the figures on the inside (looks like 88, with something underneath). All in all I think this is a nice example (despite the dents). Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner   MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner  

MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner   MK1* Helmet, 1938 Dated Liner  

?

A nice Mk1*, the rivet looks to have been in there a long time so not to much to worry about.
    The SS stamped on the inside, means stainless steel, stainless steel rim. Never seen this on an Mk1* before, only on very early army Mk2's.

Thanks Tinlid. Personally I am happy with the rivet and don't think its been tampered with. Very interesting about the SS marking. I would never have guessed that.

Nice lid James, an interesting variant.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Lovely looking MKI* with an obviously long service life. Shame we don't know what that is . Lots of the early helmets are marked with unknown flashes.

?

It could be the Northamptonshire, or HQ troops?

I thought Northamptonshire for some reason. Probably never know for sure.