Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 British Helmet question

Article about: Hello all! I recently picked up a Mk.II British helmet, in decent yet somewhat salty condition. I picked it up out of Canada, but I think its just a regular English Helmet as opposed to a co

Default Mk2 British Helmet question

Hello all! I recently picked up a Mk.II British helmet, in decent yet somewhat salty condition. I picked it up out of Canada, but I think its just a regular English Helmet as opposed to a commonwealth one, from basic research on the markings. It appears to be a F&L 1941 with a coarse paint job on the outside and in, and a random black stripe/blotch on the top. The makers mark is difficult to make out with rough paint job applied. Was this normal of British helmets after 1941, or something else? Also, which company was H & S for the liner? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 British Helmet question   Mk2 British Helmet question  

Mk2 British Helmet question   Mk2 British Helmet question  

Mk2 British Helmet question  

?

A nice typical army Mk2, from 1938-1941/42 the paint would have been smooth khaki green inside. After, textured inside & out like yours, the HS on the liner is one of the unknowns.

Thanks tin! By after do you mean post war or just post production?

?

Textured inside from about 41/42, so all original ww2. The black mark is where another helmet was stacked on top,leaving a mark from the liner.