Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MK2 flash help

Article about: Hello all, I was hoping for some help IDing this helmet flash. I've been searching for a few days but no luck so far. Some other details: it's stamped 1942 BMB, no liner or chinstrap. There

Default MK2 flash help

Hello all, I was hoping for some help IDing this helmet flash. I've been searching for a few days but no luck so far. Some other details: it's stamped 1942 BMB, no liner or chinstrap. There seems to be several layers of paint, pretty beat up, starting with khaki, then green, then a shinier brown that's been mostly wiped away. What's left of he khaki appears to have been textured with sand. The flash seems to be painted on over the green layer. The flash itself is either red-white-red or red-gold-red, it's hard for me to tell even in daylight. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide. Thanks!

Also, any reference material that you would recommend going forward would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK2 flash help   MK2 flash help  

can not relay help you on this. but the first thing that came to mind was Spanish flash, red yellow red.

?

It could be Kings Royal Hussars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK2 flash help  
    Attached Images Attached Images MK2 flash help 

that looks pretty accurate, thank you tinlid! I have something to dig on now. much appreciated.