Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII Dutch Bend Origin?

Article about: So I am currently trying to get MKII helmets from each of the commonwealth countries and am looking for one from India. I know they used imported helmets, but I am looking for one that was a

Default MKII Dutch Bend Origin?

So I am currently trying to get MKII helmets from each of the commonwealth countries and am looking for one from India. I know they used imported helmets, but I am looking for one that was actually produced in India. Naturally, finding info on these types of helmets is very difficult, but from what I understand, they should have Dutch Bends right?
    Well on eBay, this helmet is being sold by a dealer from India.
    MKII Dutch Bend Origin?
    MKII Dutch Bend Origin?
    MKII Dutch Bend Origin?

There are not any holes on the brim to mark a Homefront helmet, so I assume it isn't a Homefront.

I have never seen a liner like this with only 4 pads and when asking the dealer about any markings, they said there are none.
    Does anyone have any concrete examples of MKIIs produced in India? Any help would be appreciated.

Side note: I heard helmets used by the garrison in Hong Kong had similar helmets, could this be one?

?

Not all home front helmets were marked with holes and [here is great info](World War Helmets - Casque Mark II) on Indian helmets.

Mmmmh, this whole time, I never realized WWH had an India tab.....man just wow

?

Here's a thread you might find interesting.

Mk II sporting a 1941 dated liner produced in China / Hong Kong ?

Steve.

I've read through that thread in the past which is what made me think of the possible Hong Kong origin of this helmet. But after seeing the WWH article on India helmets, I believe this helmet to be Indian. Within the WWH article is shown a 4 tab liner (like here) and helmets with rolled rims/very similar chinstrap lugs. Also considering the fact that the seller is from India also kind of reassures my belief. I am considering getting this helmet but will wait to do more research.
    Thanks for the help

?

I would agree that it is Indian, being sold in India also helps in the thought process. if it turned out to be a stamped Hong Kong one that would be a bonus as they must be harder to find.

The Indian Army used MkIIs into the 1970s and the police later than that, I wonder if they made them after the war.

Steve.