Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Hey Adrian intresting Mk II's and it is always nice to see a pair of matching ones

Regards Mark

...you missed out the "oh Matron" and/or the "ooooo-errr"

Default New member

Hello Guys.
    I am new to the forum and would like someone to identify the helmet markings on this helmet and their originality mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursfor me please.
    Many thanks Chris

?

Welcome to the forum, looks like a ww2 British helmet but with post war Dutch markings.

Thanks for the reply, I always figured it was Dutch, but never 100% sure! Thanks for the welcome.
    Thanks, Chris.

?

welcome Chris, looks like you have quite the collection there! hope you'll share a few more
    cheers John

Indeed...welcome Chris!!

I certainly would like to see more of that collection (see my recent PM).

Here's one to be getting on with....thanks to the eagle-eyed Mr T Lid I was put onto this one recently. Industrial ARP, almost certainly a Rescue leader of sorts (white band) with a company logo on the side....PM Ltd? MP Ltd?? MTP Ltd? TPM Ltd ????? what do you think it is ?..I've scoured Gracies' for combinations but found nowt....

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

MTP Ltd??or MP Ltd?? either way the M resembles the ohm sign.
    Another really nice one.

?

An interesting bit of kit that whilst watching a Normandy invasion clip on youtube, I noticed the landing craft operators were wearing them, I think there was also a regular green version
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

John there are good period contemporary images that show these covers were indeed used and field modified and the anti gas covers can be seen worn by members of the Canadian Navy to help protect them from the elements while performing there duties on board ships and landing craft alike as well as being worn by Canadian soldiers in the field in the ETO to help ward off the rains and foul weather some of these were indeed modified by removing the cape and then further used as a straight camo helmet covers as well.
    Here is a 1942 dated (G.S.W.) that is sporting a 42 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/4 from my own collection...
    I did not have an example of a Canadian anti Gas cover and so have been biding my time and waiting to find an example that still bore its original cover ...
    If memory serves me correct the first and second images were taken on D-Day just off of Juno Beach take note that the sailors and soldiers alike were wearing gas covers and some would appear to have had the capes either removed and or at the least tucked up into there helmets..
    And the third image is of British Commandos returning from a raid in Norway if I recall correctly
    There is a rather good discussion on the gas covers that can be found at the link below..
    CSC Discussion Forum: Canadian Gas Cape

Regards Mark

Page 40 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast