Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Sorry Tony...I missed your question re role titles....the fact is there was quite an overlap due to the plethora of rank markings and the number of Regions and "rules".....and remember that London was itself a collection of Regions too. So a Senior Warden somewhere might've been called a Post Warden somewhere else...and believe me there were plenty of variants...HEAD, CHIEF, SENIOR, DEPUTY, ASSISTANT, POST, DIVISIONAL, DEPUTY POST, ASSISTANT CHIEF, DISTRICT, SUB-DIVISIONAL, DEPUTY DISTRICT etc etc. and that's just the Wardens!

I guess us Brits just love a good Role Title......

Here's just four...and there's no prizes!

Attachment 1069487Attachment 1069488Attachment 1069489Attachment 1069490

...actually I've seen quite a lot of "De-Haviland Warden" (DH) helmets for sale.......when actually they're Deputy Head.....or are they?????????? (there isn't an emoji for Twilight Zone theme music...but there should be!)

Posted this on another site about a week ago, some of you may have seen but wanted to share my Canadian WWII Winnipeg Grenadiers helmet. Decal in pretty good condition and stands out brightly on the helmet. 1942 dated, so this helmet would've been made after the 1st Battalion was reconstituted after it was practically destroyed at the Battle of Hong Kong in 1941. I was happy to find this helmet.

Attachment 1069639Attachment 1069640Attachment 1069641Attachment 1069642Attachment 1069643Attachment 1069644

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Sorry Tony...I missed your question re role titles....the fact is there was quite an overlap due to the plethora of rank markings and the number of Regions and "rules".....and remember that London was itself a collection of Regions too. So a Senior Warden somewhere might've been called a Post Warden somewhere else...and believe me there were plenty of variants...HEAD, CHIEF, SENIOR, DEPUTY, ASSISTANT, POST, DIVISIONAL, DEPUTY POST, ASSISTANT CHIEF, DISTRICT, SUB-DIVISIONAL, DEPUTY DISTRICT etc etc. and that's just the Wardens!

I guess us Brits just love a good Role Title......

Here's just four...and there's no prizes!

...actually I've seen quite a lot of "De-Haviland Warden" (DH) helmets for sale.......when actually they're Deputy Head.....or are they?????????? (there isn't an emoji for Twilight Zone theme music...but there should be!)
    Thanks for the clarification Ade.

Here's my latest, a MKI* probably used on the home front There's nothing to suggest who might have used it but it's a very dark green and almost appears to be black. It's the only coat of paint it's had so no doubt a factory finish.

One chinstrap lug is dated 1938, the other is dated 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

I have apparently been bitten by the Commonwealth helmet bug and subsequently my spare money has moved from DRK into them. So a 1942 Australian MkII is now in my possession. It has Mk3 1942 on the chinstrap lug, the helmet net is hanging on by a thread (literally), the liner is dry, and it is rusty in a lot of places but the price was good and I figured it would go well with the rest.

Thanks for looking.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Quote by BlackWatch1945 View Post
    Posted this on another site about a week ago, some of you may have seen but wanted to share my Canadian WWII Winnipeg Grenadiers helmet. Decal in pretty good condition and stands out brightly on the helmet. 1942 dated, so this helmet would've been made after the 1st Battalion was reconstituted after it was practically destroyed at the Battle of Hong Kong in 1941. I was happy to find this helmet.

Attachment 1069639Attachment 1069640Attachment 1069641Attachment 1069642Attachment 1069643Attachment 1069644
    I think member Mark K has one, lovely helmets. There always seems to lots of flashed or decaled Canadian helmets around
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

SMP
    ?

Some great lids being shown. Love them all !

That Australian net is superb

?

Nicely used Australian, with great wear. thanks for showing.

?

"That Australian net is superb"

Thank you, not going to lie the net is what sold me on the helmet. I had seen another Australian in better condition but that net just screamed buy me.

SMP
    ?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    "That Australian net is superb"

Thank you, not going to lie the net is what sold me on the helmet. I had seen another Australian in better condition but that net just screamed buy me.
    Those Australian nets are as thick as rope. The helmet must have seen some serious use.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I think member Mark K has one, lovely helmets. There always seems to lots of flashed or decaled Canadian helmets around
    Thanx Jerry and yes my example is 1941 dated with vet provenance to the battle of Hong Kong
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast