Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Thank you Steve.....I was fishing I guess but I knew that someone would’ve grabbed the images

I’ve not seen one like that before but I’d have a big problem splashing just short of a grand on a photo or two. I hope the winner is happy with their purchase...... but for that money I’d be looking at a number of hyper-rare Home Fronters....

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ..... but for that money I’d be looking at a number of hyper-rare Home Fronters....

Like what ...?

Oh something with stripes....errr....no, diamonds......hell for £800 I’d want stripes AND diamonds!!!....with a Cruise Visor...and strawberry Angel Delight.....with squirty cream on top...

SMP
    ?

Oh something with stripes....errr....no, diamonds......hell for £800 I’d want stripes AND diamonds!!!....with a Cruise Visor...and strawberry Angel Delight.....with squirty cream on top...
    Ha ! Ha !, but seriously, what would the rarest Home-front helmet be in your opinion ? Is there one you would really stretch for ?

I think I’ve dodged that bullet before.....and of course I’ll be almost writing a spec for our “enhancer” friends/dealers.....but it’d have to be a rare one......technically there’d be only 12 or 13 Regional Commissioners...and at least one region adopted their own style......Or a nice LFB senior rank....or even an Assistant Canteen Leader but as I’ve said before, I think I find a new one (to me at least) every week......so perhaps it’s the one I’ll find in 7 weeks time....��

We need a book....have I said that before.....???

I'm sure Mr Von Goldie will have this hyper-rare Home Fronter on ebay within the week for you !
    Regards G

Did I REALLY just see one of these (without dent....I'll give you that....) sell for £375.50 and another for £170?!

....I've seen a lot of Home Fronters but that's a great price to achieve for what is just a Fireman's lid....OK, a SCOTTISH Fireman's lid. There were a number of them up there...he wasn't the only one you know....there were 6 NFS "forces" - Northern, North Eastern, Eastern, South Eastern, Western No1 and Trumpton (OK...Western No2...just checking if anyone's still reading this!). They're not THAT uncommon, certainly not as rare as lids higher up the Scottish food chain (which I'm told is quite limited when it comes to healthy eating although that may simply be apocryphal). And ones which are south of the border have red or blue coloured bands on...some are painted silver (sorry - "aluminium").....I guess at least two people REALLY wanted that one - perhaps it was a relatives helmet.....

Either way, nice to see 'em selling well....here's another...I might sell it and make a bid for the Bitcoin Corporation...or even Facebook with the proceeds....'hell 'might just sell 'em both and pick up Google!

I should add that rank-banded helmets were used in Scotland too......I said......oh never mind....I'll put a net on them both........

?

Went for an tad over the £100 I was going to go to.

...didn’t you used to have a RANKED one with a red band?........that’s got £500 written all over it....:-)

Confession.......I went higher than I thought I would...but I was still considerably off the final price....

?

With all singing, all dancing red band.
    Leading Fireman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 ... LastLast