Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Chris....nice avatar! :-)

my only recent MKII pickup, though I have another on hold for me.

Special Constabulary for Sgts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...sorry...pressed SEND too early......a nice collection too with quite a mix of services in there......the way you staged the pic looks like they're all escaping out of the house! Over the years I've seen well over a thousand variants and see a new one every week......so you've at least got another 952 to go!...that's either disheartening or exciting depending on how you look at it.

Keep 'em coming!!

Jerry...another nice lid...nice to see a Rubery POLICE one as a lot were Harrisons ....the Specials had some "rules" about their markings but in reality the markings are all over the place....you'd've thought that if anyone was consistent, structured, organised etc it'd be the rozzers but no....they appear to have gone to the same where-shall-we-stick-this school!

'nice sterile pics too (not patronising!)

What are these then?

Early black rimless BMB on the bottom....and a Sankey 1938 whitey on top (this has a '39 dated BH&G Ltd liner)....both 100%....but WTF does CWD stand for??

When I got the black one nearly 30 years ago I was told "Chemical Weapons Dump".....yeah, rrrrrright. I have seen one other black one like this....so there's three out there....well, two are in here...if you know what I mean.

Sorry, no pics of strap retaining lugs, straps, liners, rexenne fingers, rim-piece joints, makers stamps....'seen one, seen 'em all.......

....there really needs to be a book on this stuff........

Quote by Composite View Post
    Jerry...another nice lid...nice to see a Rubery POLICE one as a lot were Harrisons ....the Specials had some "rules" about their markings but in reality the markings are all over the place....you'd've thought that if anyone was consistent, structured, organised etc it'd be the rozzers but no....they appear to have gone to the same where-shall-we-stick-this school!

'nice sterile pics too (not patronising!)
    My other POLICE with the Variant font is also a Rubbery & Co.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Composite View Post
    What are these then?

Early black rimless BMB on the bottom....and a Sankey 1938 whitey on top (this has a '39 dated BH&G Ltd liner)....both 100%....but WTF does CWD stand for??

When I got the black one nearly 30 years ago I was told "Chemical Weapons Dump".....yeah, rrrrrright. I have seen one other black one like this....so there's three out there....well, two are in here...if you know what I mean.

Sorry, no pics of strap retaining lugs, straps, liners, rexenne fingers, rim-piece joints, makers stamps....'seen one, seen 'em all.......

....there really needs to be a book on this stuff........
    WARDEN Civil Defence?
    Regards,

Jerry

Hello.
    The really disheartening part for me, is all the years collecting other military items at places like Warnham fair and Charing Cross markets, no one ever gave a second look at the piles of poor old MKII helmets that were always laying around, and cheap as chips! Could well have had the other 952 by now! On a brighter note the Gas Officers helmet I just bought on Ebay has showed up today!

Agreed! But now they're in the spotlight and being ignored by every Forum member except 5 of us! :-)

Their lesser-marked Luftschutz cousins get more "press".

Glad the Gas one's now saved for the nation....but which nation? :-)

Blighty of course! The Septics have no appreciation of the British Battle Bowler, although my 5 year old has started to show an interest in them, but I did put that down to the fact, that they were the same shape as his Ninja turtles?

Page 55 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast