Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

A shell finded in Cesena, Italy. The shell has a external yellow paint used in Nord Africa.

Default Mk1 helmet

Morning everyone, it's been a long time since I happened to find an Mk1 in these excellent conditions, it seemed interesting to share.
    The paint is textured khaki green on the outside, and smooth khaki green inside.
    Shell: BS 61
    Liner: J.C.S. & W Ltd 1939 (or 1938?)
    Inside the shell was written with white paint "S.S.", I think it indicates the stainless steel with which the edge cover is made.
    Thanks for looking.

Roberto

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

SMP
    ?

Very nice MKI*/MKII hybrid. Love the Stainless Steel stamp

?

Technically it's a Mk2, hence the SS, but whatever you want to call it, it's a lovely helmet.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Technically it's a Mk2, hence the SS, but whatever you want to call it, it's a lovely helmet.
    Technically, yes, but that WW1 shell makes it a MKI*/MKII as far as I am concerned

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Thanks Aaron, for specifying this point, I have always been undecided on how to call this type of helmet that reuses the Mk1 shell, but in fact I agree with what you say and it would be correct to call it Mk2.

Regards

Another thing I noticed, although I'm not sure about this: it seems to me that the BS production Mk1 shells are a little heavier than the others.
    But I have not gone into detail and it may just be an impression.

I forget why, to me wwi shell reused for wwii makes it a mki*
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I THINK I just saw a Brit MkII with a German national shield ("original") sell on ebay for £171.........

Sorry guys, but I'm sticking with the MkII thread...it's easier (for me at least) to find everything about MkIIs in one place

This is really quite uncommon...I missed this one in an auction a while ago but was lucky when it resurfaced recently. 2-Inchers (stripe) aren't common for starters but grey "W/FG" are even less common. This actual helmet is in the book (page 83 if you want to check...copies still available) - as we all know, London Regional Circular No.705 27/10/42 covered this marking for Head Fire Guards (there's a label inside with the original owners name and "HFG"). From the paint chips you can see that it was once black, then white before the grey was applied......I can now sleep soundly knowing it's safe ......although most of you probably nodded off after the first sentence! :-)

...and if you're still reading...Shell stamps unclear, MkI liner, MkII strap, MkIII strap retention lugs, replacement (non-standard but period) Liner Retention Bolt.........Pantone 19-3930 TCX "Odyssey Gray" with white (faded by age). Backing card is about 180gsm, A1 size. Camera Canon IXUS 970is. 18 degrees, sunny, 12.19 GMT....and not a crooked cross in sight....nor a net

Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ... 32 72 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast