Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII weird camo pattern

Article about: I want to show you this helmet of mine I got it approx 12 to 15 yrs ago. It was sold to me by a dutch guy based in uk. I just recovered it from my boxes and I am still convinced of its paint

Default MKII weird camo pattern

I want to show you this helmet of mine I got it approx 12 to 15 yrs ago. It was sold to me by a dutch guy from UK. I just recovered it from my boxes and I am still convinced of its paint looking legit, and not artificially made to look old, in hand shows much better the untampered conditions, the problem is that since, I have not came across any period images showing this camo pattern. Inside is a pale blue/grey paint, on the outside is a sand repaint over the blue/grey and camoed with these greenish stripes. It doesn't look or smell like a recent job. Have you ever come across this type of pattern? I have searched for photos and looked for Royal Nay and Coastal defense artillery period photos, but no success so far. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Pz
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern
    MKII weird camo pattern

?

Looks like a poor attempt at a stonewall Malta camo, there are so many like this on the web.

Thanks Aaron, I take from your answer, that you give no chance to it.
    Indeed the paint overall doesnt look like a fresh job, anyway thanks, my interest was mainly on the camo pattern, if that is unknown or seen only on poor attempts at Malta scheme, then the lid is a fantasy job and so is the sand colour.
    File under : early mistakes
    Cheers

Pz

?

For me, it is a fake, looking at the paint and the way it's been aged.
    There are quite a few variations of original Malta camo's, with different military services and civilian ARP/CD all using it.

Thanks Aaron.