Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help to identify helmet, probably derivative from British paratrooper helmet

Article about: I just got this helmet on a flea market today. I'm assuming this is a a clone (either European or Indonesian made), no marking or whatsoever, no liner. So could anybody help me identify this

It has suddenly ocurred to me (slow, OK, its age...) that we have been here before. There has been discussion about Indonesian helmets over at the WORLD STEEL HELMETS SECTION https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-steel-helmets/ and in specific there is this thread M1 Cloned Para / Dispatch Helmet With Ear Flap ?? by another Indonesian collector which discusses a helmet with similar characteristics, That poster, feldgrau33, also has other interesting posts and pictures which could be of interest to IDN Narod.

feldgrau33 also has a pretty interesting webpage - it may be on Facebook - with a lot of Indonesian-militaria stuff. I know I have bookmarked it but I can't find the details right now.

?

So interesting how these British helmets have had such a long service life, in not just our Country but in far flung places across the globe. Refurbished & altered by not only the soldiers that wore them but by their Governments, a real eye opener.

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Damar,

The KST (Korps Speciale Troepen) of the former KNIL, used HSAT (Helmet Steel Airborne Troops) and a lot of DR helmets (HSDR). I gather a lot of millitary material was handed over to the TNI in 1950. The PGT trooper is wearing a DR helmet. The female jumper is wearing a modified RAC helmet (Royal Armoured Corps = a tankers helmet, also used by the Navy). Quite a lot of variation on basicly the same helmet shell!

It seems unlikely that a Danish helmet wound up in Indonesia.

I think the TNI bought additoional helmets from Britain and adapted them to their own use. As did many nations, such as Canada.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Correct! A lot of military material was handed to TNI in 1950 because KNIL merged into TNI after Netherlands recognize Indonesia as an Independent nation. They gave us tanks, weapons, etc, so there's huge chance that these helmets are parts of the military material that was given to us.

Quote by Greg Pickersgill View Post
    It has suddenly ocurred to me (slow, OK, its age...) that we have been here before. There has been discussion about Indonesian helmets over at the WORLD STEEL HELMETS SECTION https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-steel-helmets/ and in specific there is this thread M1 Cloned Para / Dispatch Helmet With Ear Flap ?? by another Indonesian collector which discusses a helmet with similar characteristics, That poster, feldgrau33, also has other interesting posts and pictures which could be of interest to IDN Narod.

feldgrau33 also has a pretty interesting webpage - it may be on Facebook - with a lot of Indonesian-militaria stuff. I know I have bookmarked it but I can't find the details right now.
    Haha, I never know Indonesia have their own version of M1 helmets for paratrooper. Thanks for the information. Cheers!

EDIT:
    Also, were I to restore this helmet into a usable state, can anybody give me a detailed picture of the construction of the helmet liner? Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2