Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

?

shameful stuff.....

...is it me or has some of this stuff started to turn up again on Ebay being sold by others?...perhaps disenchanted original (non-forum member) buyers?

The 'new' account is - jobrown1001 - interestingly started in 2006

Same backgrounds, descriptions and location. Many items have been listed on the other accounts

?

Here’s a Belgian clone shell with a Belgian liner stamped FF (manufactured by Fictitious Fred?) II 1943 on French ebay.

I wouldn’t know if the insignia painted on the side is original to the Belgian shell or not but this is the 2nd Belgian liner I’ve seen trying to be British and something a novice might not immediately pick up on.

casque anglais avec insigne ww2 | eBay

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

The new  ebay money maker  

I see quite a few Belg MkIIs being sold as Brit....even ones with their flag on the side!!! so it may be a simple mistake...lets not judge until they list one with Malta camo.....or an exposed divisional flash....oh, and barbed wire and hessian of course! After all, most Fairs in the UK have a box of Danish M1 clones that either saw Iwo or Nam!!

I recently saw a student post here on WR that they were looking for a dissertation topic.....I've often wondered why high pressure liner date stamping devises always lose pressure on the fourth character??? [50 marks] or, here's another one for those doing Maths..statistically, explain why the thin end of a screwdriver ALWAYS lands point down when dropped onto an inverted MkI or MkII liner AND always hits the last character of an otherwise clearly applied date stamp even when the stamp itself is protected from falling objects by Rexenne [75 marks] and for a further 25 marks explain the absence of any other damage to said liner and the protective Rexenne tab.

?

I totally agree, it's easy to mistake a Belgian or Dutch clone for a MKII before being shown the difference, but after checking the seller's other items I think he should know a little better, not that he's the one who obscured the original markings.

Doesn't the description say it has Free French insignia? casque complet interieur datee 43 avec bel insigne France libre

...well if that's the case its HYPER rare ....a Resistance member with a Time Machine!

I think generally across the entire board this misleading advertising will continue to plague the collecting community,i dread to think just how many thousand's of said items are sitting in collections without the owner even being aware of the rubbish they display,ebay has certainly changed in the last two years and certainly not for the better,even M1 has been dragged down to the depth's of the sewer,Camo's/unit marked/USMC sets etc,i've lost count of a euro-clone having a Mitchell cover added and wow an original TET offensive set.

SMP
    ?

This DR shell sold on ebay for over £500. I suspect it is destined to be a para helmet one day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

[QUOTE=SMP;1714059]This DR shell sold on ebay for over £500. I suspect it is destined to be a para helmet one day.[Y

£500 for an empty shell?worlds gone barmy.!

Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 ... LastLast