Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

It is obvious that these reputable sellers are still monitoring threads here, though sadly some prospective buyers are not.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My brother in law is a Crown Prosecutor for the Commonwealth Government here, I wish someone would threaten me with legal action I'd love to pull that card out!

?

I'm not saying that this sellers items are fake, but the way the helmets have been distressed (I've seen many of his listings) seem to have been done the same way. Coincidently the helmet stamp is always visible and I'm pretty sure I can see where a sander has been used, although I could be wrong. BRITISH WW2 DESERT NORTH AFRICA 8TH ARMY ROYAL ARTILLERY 1940 DATED HELMET | eBay

Quote by Scurra View Post
    I'm not saying that this sellers items are fake, but the way the helmets have been distressed (I've seen many of his listings) seem to be done the same way. Coincidently the helmet stamp is always visible and I'm pretty sure I can see where a sander has been used, although I could be wrong. BRITISH WW2 DESERT NORTH AFRICA 8TH ARMY ROYAL ARTILLERY 1940 DATED HELMET | eBay
    This is one of the seller names used by the man threatening legal action.

Sadly this one appears to have probably been a genuine flashed helmet which has been recently over painted to make it into a desert camo, what a waste IMO.

How strange that whenever someone new joins in on this thread they nearly always post the same sellers items.........
    Regards,

Jerry

Your name shall also go on the list......
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I can't mention no names because he isn't part of this forum and I haven't asked his permission. He bought an "8th army" helmet POSSIBLY off the same seller. Once received he used a needle and stuck it in a built up area, only to find that the paint wasn't dry straight through. He contacted the seller and was given a partial refund.

....so 20-30 people here debate paint tone and application for 3-4 pages of posts and all we have to do is give it a prick?!!!!

Marvelous !

:-)

?

He was lucky in a way, as one area was really built up. So all it took was a pin to go through the built up area. Once the pin was pulled out, part of it had wet paint on. I will be seeing this person over the next week or so, I'll ask for permission to use his pictures.

The link will be lost...photos provided

The new  ebay money maker The new  ebay money maker
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

....'not sure that's an overly wise move for your mate.....allegedly one of the reasons at least one of the sellers who appears in this thread feedback is so good is that they have the buyers address...and apparently they use it.......not just for postage......

Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast