Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

So old Goldie/JoBrown/ whatever he's called this week gets away with it then? As long as he knows that he's safe from the voluble WRF posse that never was, then he is laughing all the way to the bank. Some would do well to review the thread as a whole and see what was said and then note what's been done, or not as in this case.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

...perhaps you could tell us how your own action was received?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...perhaps you could tell us how your own action was received?
    If it were combat badges of which I am a serious collector, then I would certainly have gone through the extended and traumatising ordeal of picking up the telephone and reporting the said fraudster to the relevant authorities, in this case the CTSI. Afterall, that is entirely the reason for their existence, to protect the consumer and his rights.

I have in the past used this route myself against a firm fraudulently taking monies for work not undertaken in the market of reducing the rates charged on business properties. This eventually lead to me giving written evidence that was used in a CTSI prosecution of the company concerned at Leeds Crown Crown Court in October-November 2000 that saw five of the directors subsequently found guilty of an £8m fraud and being fined heavily and in some cases sentenced to up 18 months in prison. This would not have been possible if 32 complaints (including my own) had not been registered countrywide with Trading Standards by consumers that paid for services that were never supplied by this outfit of crooks.

The system can and does work, it just takes enough people to make a concerted effort to stop allowing the fraudster getting away with it.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

...well done...and respect to you...seriously. But the issue here I think is that we (most here) HAVEN'T actually been "done"...we've seen others who've bought...presumably more than happy with their own purchases / assessments (one would hope...bearing in mind the money they've spent)

Perhaps my biggest concern is when the buyers come to sell what they've bought OR perhaps even worse, the impact on prices of all our good stuff.......when that horrible day comes

'interesting stuff Ned - thank you

...well done...and respect to you...seriously. But the issue here I think is that we (most here) HAVEN'T actually been "done"...we've seen others who've bought...presumably more than happy with their own purchases / assessments (one would hope...bearing in mind the money they've spent)

Perhaps my biggest concern is when the buyers come to sell what they've bought OR perhaps even worse, the impact on prices of all our good stuff.......when that horrible day comes

'interesting stuff Ned - thank you
    No problem. It was a massive fraud where literally thousands of people lost between £2-300 each. I was lucky and managed to cancel my cheque, but decided to push the complaint when they started threatening me over the telephone 'with menaces' which contravened the 1968 Theft Act.

Of the thousands of people scammed, only 32 of us maintained their complaint to the CTSI over the many months it took to reach prosecution at court. It was for me, extremely satisfying and well worth it to see the ba$tards closed down and then sent down. A small but determined effort by a handful of consumers ensured the law took it's course and we won the day, morally at least.

Regards, Ned.

The problem with these fraudsters selling fake helmets - and whatever else they may peddle on eBay, is that you have to prove they are knowingly selling fraudulent items. It isn't only happening on eBay either. Go to any arms fair and you will find dealers flogging dodgy items, a money-back guarantee should never be seen as proof of authenticity either.

SMP
    ?

What a strange thing e-bay is. This standard, albeit early MKII just made £206.11 !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

'Missed that one.......why? 'Any idea?

?

This one sold last week for £205.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

SMP
    ?

'Missed that one.......why? 'Any idea?
    Hollywood ?
    Attached Images Attached Images The new  ebay money maker 

Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast