Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

The new ebay money maker

Article about: One of these sold for over £880. The other two hope to !

It's a miracle, long lost Dunkirk helmets are being found all over!

Here's another lovely helmet from that seller on eBay, an "100% ORIGINAL" RARE BEF Dunkirk Helmet with "unit crest" to the 51st Highland Division!

As long as they say it's 100% original you instantly know it's the real deal!

The new  ebay money makerThe new  ebay money maker

SMP
    ?

Anything shot against a blue background is guaranteed to be original . First rule of e-bay !

( Love the yellow dot ! )

?

WW2 British Helmet | eBay

this one is getting up there,

?

Another dubious seller, I used to think this was one of eBay's more trusted sellers. The helmet being sold is one I sold to the seller a couple of weeks ago. It had at the time a 1945 dated liner and late war chin strap. It now comes with a 1940 dated liner and a early war named chin strap. I can't seem to copy the pictures but here is the item number 162638671564 .

SMP
    ?

Quote by busman View Post
    Another dubious seller, I used to think this was one of eBay's more trusted sellers. The helmet being sold is one I sold to the seller a couple of weeks ago. It had at the time a 1945 dated liner and late war chin strap. It now comes with a 1940 dated liner and a early war named chin strap. I can't seem to copy the pictures but here is the item number 162638671564 .
    Withdrawn. I guess the seller reads your threads.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker  

SMP
    ?

More e-bay lovelies
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The new  ebay money maker   The new  ebay money maker  

?

Quote by SMP View Post
    Withdrawn. I guess the seller reads your threads.
    Well the seller must have a conscience after all. It's a shame they feel the need to ruin a helmet by removing the original parts . It was all war time dated , just not Dunkirk era. Another seller I will be staying clear of though.

?

Quote by SMP View Post
    More e-bay lovelies
    What a pair of beauty's

....'looks to me like a new batch has been received....I hope the window's left open so all those paint fumes don't hurt anyone. Seriously, it's a real Pi**er right?...the base items are, or should that be "WERE" original items which are being ruined for ever by dubious paint jobs, paint/plaster-covered nets, current-day chips'n'scratches...if all that current day stuff could just be washed off it wouldn't be so bad. Well done to "Busman" for identifying a previously owned item....although I always question whether the bits I buy were like that when they were bought first time around e.g. MkII helmet liners are selling very well...they sure as hell ain't sitting on shelves in rows without helmets on top so I kinda expect liners and straps to be switched around......but not the bleedin' paint!!

...sorry.....rant over.......now, where's my box gone.......

It is a real shame that original items are ruined by greedy idiots trying to scam buyers. But it is hardly suprising. British helmets (unmarked originals) are next to nothing to buy in UK and there is obviously a trend to think everyone had a Regimental/Divisional insignia painted on them.

Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast