Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New find today, Opinions on US M1 Camo Helmet

Article about: Hello all, haven't posted in a while. Picked up this M1 Camo Helmet and wanted info possibly and opinions. Not sure if it has correct liner or not. Here are some pics, camo has black, ogre,

CGR
    ?

Default New find today, Opinions on US M1 Camo Helmet

Hello all, haven't posted in a while. Picked up this M1 Camo Helmet and wanted info possibly and opinions. Helmet is stamped 507. Not sure if it has correct liner or not.
    Here are some pics, camo has black, ogre, dark green and light green and a few striped of white I think. Here are some pics. Thanks!
    Last edited by CGR; 05-02-2023 at 12:37 AM.

And so it begins.......cammo US helmets to authenticate................

Personally I don't like the camo on this.

This looks too much like "Normandy Camo" for a German Helmet given those colors.

Maybe a reenactor helmet.

The liner is 1980s or 70's. I can't read the DLA number but not one I would want.

Smitty

CGR
    ?

I will say it reminds me a lot of an original German WW1 Camo that I owned yrs ago in that the colors were hard to see indoors, here are some more pics with these taken inside. The paint has been on there a long time, has no smell. I don't know just mentioning what I see.

CGR
    ?

Sorry I didn't start it, the soldiers that painted them did going way back.

Front seam swivel bales, quite a rare item for Normandy. Think this camouflage was applied much later.

?

Hello all, haven't posted in a while. Picked up this M1 Camo Helmet and wanted info possibly and opinions. Helmet is stamped 507. Not sure if it has correct liner or not.
    Here are some pics, camo has black, ogre, dark green and light green and a few striped of white I think. Here are some pics. Thanks!
    Hi CGR, your M1 & liner are post WW 2, here is why:
    R.J. Stamping a Canadian Firm did produced M1 helmet shells from 1970 to 1976 for a total of 1,825,000 shells. Their stamping is 3 digit, located inside the shell ending in the 900 (1976).
    The liner is a post-1964 because of new style of cradle, no liner chinstrap & buckles for a nape strap (not installed). The chin strap was issued from 1975. So, yes it's a good match. Jack

Well the liner speaks for itself. A (probably never issued by the look of it) VN period item and the shell is of the same part of the century. The paint however, whilst it is possible it was done by a serving soldier I really rather doubt it. My bet would be on a war gamer and not even a serious reenactor. I wouldn't want it unless I needed it for restoration to put with a vehicle display or such like.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

It’s an R. J. Stampings 1981-1982 shell. It’s a 3-digit stamp and stainless steel rim, unlike the 1970-1976 makings, which are 4-digit stamps and manganese rim. Nice shell nether the less!

Thank you CGR for posting the helmet and to all that replied. It’s an interesting set but I’m leaning towards a reenactor or one painted by a kid to play war.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast