Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

NFS Helmet No.9 tracing details on th person it was issued to

Article about: Hi Guys I have a British National Fire Service Helmet No.9 (Leicester) with the service number 422923 painted on the inside of the rim and the name Lincoln Johnson written on the chinstrap.

?

Default NFS Helmet No.9 tracing details on th person it was issued to

Hi Guys
    I have a British National Fire Service Helmet No.9 (Leicester) with the service number 422923 painted on the inside of the rim and the name Lincoln Johnson written on the chinstrap. Any idea where I might access records to find out any information on the person it was issued to?

?

If you do find out, please let us know, I have plenty of NFS helmets with the service number in.

I haven't a clue and I think it might be a big ask but I think you could do worse than start here with a question;

Things To Do | National Emergency Services Museum | England

As above, if you do find anything please share it with us

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Will do guys, watchdog thanks for the suggestion. It’s a bit frustrating I have a US M1 with a name and a service number and I’ve been able to get service records and pictures of its previous owner but here in the U.K. nothing seems to be easy.

Hi there.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I found a link to the Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland, Record Office.

Leicestershire Fire Service
    Leicestershire Fire Service | The National Archives

Also, it might be worth having a look on Ancestry.

Kind regards,

Will

?

Cheers Will
    I’ll have a look

Most of the NFSs own central records were lost in bombing during the war. Some records survived regionally but these are few and far between. It’s such a shame as NFS helmets are the most consistently and clearly marked