Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

NHSR turtle helmet

Article about: I thought I would show you all this helmet. Its a post war civil defence helmet for the National Hospital Service Reserve. I believe the NHSR was formed in 1945 and dispanded in 1952. Ive co

Default NHSR turtle helmet

I thought I would show you all this helmet. Its a post war civil defence helmet for the National Hospital Service Reserve. I believe the NHSR was formed in 1945 and dispanded in 1952. Ive come across alot of turtle helmets but this is the first white painted NHSR example I have seen. I bought it from a car boot sale for £5. There are still some bargains out there!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NHSR turtle helmet   NHSR turtle helmet  

Default Re: NHSR turtle helmet

Quote by helldunkle View Post
    I thought I would show you all this helmet. Its a post war civil defence helmet for the National Hospital Service Reserve. I believe the NHSR was formed in 1945 and dispanded in 1952. Ive come across alot of turtle helmets but this is the first white painted NHSR example I have seen. I bought it from a car boot sale for £5. There are still some bargains out there!
    nice buy iv also been told nhsr could be national heavy rescue squad as iv came across in my yrs collecting i hope this info may be of use to you regards barry.