Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd British MKII Helmet?

Article about: Bought this awhile back, not sure what it is?? The shell is dated 1943 on the chinstrap bales, but the liner appears to be a WW1 type? Regardless of what it is it goes nicely with my Canadia

Default Odd British MKII Helmet?

Bought this awhile back, not sure what it is??

The shell is dated 1943 on the chinstrap bales, but the liner appears to be a WW1 type?

Regardless of what it is it goes nicely with my Canadian MKII, and British MKIV and V

Thanks!

Also, if more pictures are needed please let me know. Just curious as to what it is/nation, not the value. Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?

I also included some of my other Commonwealth gear

It certainly does look like a WWI liner, perhaps someone added it as a replacement. Is the shell stamped with typical British makers marks, lot # etc?

Sorry to say, but your pics are very poor.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Pictures are very poor I know, its the best I can do with primitive technology.

Only markings on the steel shell I can find are

(on the chinstrap swivels)
    III
    ___

And on the brim the only markings I can find are:

138 II
    ?4-4

?

The ink stamp tells me it's a refurbished WW2 British Mk2 from the 1950's, the 54 might be the year it was refurbed.
    The liner might be a standard Mk2 one but with the tongues cut off, more than likely a 1950's liner.
    Some close up pics in daylight would be good,thanks for posting.

Heres a few (barely) better pictures.

So, it looks like a WW2 Shell with a WW1 type liner? Who would bother? I figure by the end of WW2 there would be plenty of MKII Helmets in British stores. Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?Odd British MKII Helmet?

Better pictures added.

Not sure why anyone would bother with a WW1 style liner in a WW2 Dated helmet?

It did come from a surplus shop that deals heavily in movie/film productions, so thats always an option I suppose.

Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?
    Odd British MKII Helmet?