Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?

Article about: So i recently came across this scrim and i bought it for cheap, but im not 100% sure if it's real or not, the more loosely woven Burlap is the only doubts i have about being real or not, the

Default Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?

So i recently came across this scrim and i bought it for cheap, but im not 100% sure if it's real or not, the more loosely woven Burlap is the only doubts i have about being real or not, the more tightly woven stuff does look to be original in my eyes, any help or comments are greatly appreciated!
    Travis Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?

SMP
    ?

It might be original scrim , but it has clearly just been added to the net. I think Mark K is the best person to comment.

SMP
    ?

original Canadian scrim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WW2 Canadian Helmet Scrim?  

It doesn't look very old, and neither does the net. The way the hessian has just been loosely passed through the loops without properly attaching it, doesn't look very convincing to my eye. The strips of hessian were usually knotted to the net to stop them being pulled out.

The scrim was defiantly added to this net, would it be worth re-applying in the more proper knotted way

Thanks for the picture! I think im going to try to reapply it knotted

...so it's possible to date hessian?!....I knew chicken wire had a twist....but the weave of hessian is new to me.... isn't it all just chunks of sandbag?

?

The net is not period

Learned something new here, thanks
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Yeah i had my doubts on it, but i have just removed it and put a new Canadian Two tone net, Looks good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast