MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Post war M38 Tanker Helmet Help

Article about: I recently picked up, what I believe is a Post WW2 German Made Tanker's helmet, most likley made by Maury and Company Offenbach/M. Also known as a USAEURO Tanker Helmet. It appears to have t

?

Default Post war M38 Tanker Helmet Help

I recently picked up, what I believe is a Post WW2 German Made Tanker's helmet, most likley made by Maury and Company Offenbach/M. Also known as a USAEURO Tanker Helmet. It appears to have the aluminum Dome and the pepper pot air vent holes.
    I believe that these helmets were made for US troops in Europe, and some may have made their way to the Korean war.
    If at all possible, if anyone has any thoughts or can make out any of the writing on the inside leather lining, and the "Interesting" insignia written/drawn on both ear flaps, it would be appreciated. It appears that the insignia is a "S" and a "Z" written on top of each other. Could it be a soldier's initials, a Unit marking..etc? Also,it appears that the helmet was repainted. There is also a red paint "B9"? over top of white letters peeking through the paint.
    Any additional thoughts about the helmet, history, writing, would be greatly appreciated.

Post war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet HelpPost war M38 Tanker Helmet Help

I think this type was also used by Dutch tank troops in the 1950's-60's.

I really like it, and can't be common, that's just my lowly opinion. Thank you for showing.

?

Thanks for the info... and your thoughts. Can anyone confirm if these Tanker Helmets were used in Korea?

?

I made out one of the names... Versteeg. It seems to be a popular Dutch name?
    No luck on the rest of the writing or initials...

This German produced helmet was used by the Netherlands army and was known as the Tankhelm Model 64.

Not likely that this helmet was around in the early fifties. To my mind a late fifties or early sixties product.

Look at this site: Tankhelm, model 1964

Cheers,
    Emile